Sunday, April 10, 2011

Saturday Yard Sale Recap

Yard Sale season is here! I went to my first yard sales of 2011 yesterday. One was at a local high school and one was at my son’s middle school. I found some awesome goodies at the high school yard sale, the middle school – not so much. So, what did I get? Here are 2 pictures of my finds!! They have already found their homes too:

  • Four (4) Crate and Barrel white bowls (great for cereal, ice cream or small bowls to use when cooking)

  • A great big basket that currently is holding my children’s school snacks

  • A wire basket that looks almost like it could hold milk bottles of sorts. I haven’t figured out what I’m going to do with this yet.

  • A Pyrex 13X9 glass pan (mine broke last year) – after a good cleaning through the dishwasher, I’m hoping it will be good as new.

  • Another small basket with mini-handle, could hold cutlery or other small items.

  • A small glass bottle, perfect for holding a small bunch of fresh cut flowers.

  • Two (2) SAT study guides. My son will be taking the SAT in about 2 years. They publishing date on these were 2009 so I figure, they’ll help to some degree. One book was originally $18.99 and the other one was $23.99 (wait till you see how much I got ALL of my stuff for).

  • Handkerchiefs for my ex-FIL (who I am still close to). He still uses the original handkerchiefs. These were new (LOL – of course) in the box and had the monogram B on them which is perfect since his last name starts with B!

  • Pretty branch garland with white and lavender colored beads on them.

  • Wine glass markers – autumn themed.

  • Small framed picture for my bathroom.

  • Small duck/swan figurine, it has a worn look to it and it fits perfectly on one of my side tables

  • Glass lamp base. This may go in my room or in the kitchen once I find a nice lamp shade for it.
So, how much did I pay for all of the above – Are you ready? $10.00! Yep, $10.00. I LOVE YARD SALES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment